Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

November news

Visited the oncologist this morning.  The CT done last week is pretty good overall.  The liver lesion is barely discernible, the abdominal lymphs are same size, the thoracic lymphs have slight (3mm) increase probably from post halloween illness.  (a cold, maybe)  We'll bask in the good news.  I'll open a bottle of champagne.  Tom can smell it and maybe have a sip.  He can't drink carbonated drinks, so I guess I'll have his share.

The plan is to get a break from chemo and recheck in a month.  If there is no progression seen on the next CT, then we'll keep rechecking.  If needed, we'll start chemo again but after the holidays.  Tom is still fighting the good fight! 

The leaves keep falling and I keep raking them up.  I love the brisk fall weather.  I just hope the snow stays in the mountains for a month or two.  We don't have any trips planned, but spur of the moment plans are always an option.  Everyone enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday, we sure will.


Until the next time,
Jan


PS the curls are still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment